left comicopia: Walking Dead #30 Image Comics reviews\synopsis and more!

9/03/2006

Walking Dead #30 Image Comics



Walking dead was pretty good this week. It had a nice little twist at the ending that took a second read to truly get, (or maybe I’m dense?) Rick, and crew are still being held prisoner by the governor, and the people back home at the prison are freaking out about them being gone. We have some good scenes at how the mental fraying is beginning. I’ve said sicne they started to settle down that once the threat seemed external to their day to day lives they would start to pick up on being people. We have Lori and her “suitor” being misunderstood again. And the prospect of a post zombie movie night, I am willing to bet that night of the living dead doesn’t get a showing…

The final scene kind of pissed me off, using Ricks reactions that way sucked. I think Kirkman is trying to do something even darker to Rick. Not that he hasn’t already been coming undone like cheap pantyhose lately. Of course, I would too, but in a more sensible way. When are they going to start to look at the dead like a flood and not an enemy?

0 Comments: